Smadrede albuer

nkisb

Har i den seneste tid trænet meget hårdt og har derved udviklet en eneorm smerte i mine albuer

smerten er meget stor når jeg kører skull chrushers og i det hele taget triceps.

det er blevet sådan at jeg nu er øm i albuerne også uden på så når jeg hviler mine albuer på bordet er de møgømme.

mit spørgsmål er om i tror at fiskeolie ville kunne hjælpe på dette eller skal jeg have fat i noget inflamatorisk og hvis det er tilfældet hvad ville så være godt?

måske noget man kan smøre på ?

Hjælp :(

Pause, is, hvile, antiinflamatorisk.

Hvis du er heldig kan du stadig træne øvelser der ikke rammer triceps direkte/træne øvelser som flyes ell. lign for overkroppen.

Prøv dig frem. Men fokus skal være på at blive sund og rask nu!

Begynd igen med at træne. Men uden extensions til at starte med. Benyt dig af lockouts i stedet.

Derudover: klem så hårdt om stangen som muligt når du laver øvelser (for generelt forbedret præstation og mere stabilitet = mindre slid).

Tips fra Polle, både baseret på videnskab og emperi, i en dejlig pærevælling :P

ved ikke om det er det samme problem som det jeg havde, men når jeg lavede lying triceps ext og lign. så var det ligesom at det "klemte" i albuerne, jeg gik til lægen med det og han sagde jeg havde fået seneskedehinde betændelse eller sådan noget.... nå men jeg holdt en pause fra træning i 8 dage og tog penecilin og efter de 8 dage var smerten væk.

Hej

Øvelser som Barbell Lying Triceps Extension kan være rigtig hårde ved albuerne. Specielt hvis de udføres med lige stang. Det samme gælder andre triceps Extensions øvelser med " lige greb" -

Dette " lige greb " tvinger hånden ud i en unaturlig stilling, som ved nogen kan give smerter i albuen.. :unsure:

Det jeg selv gjorde var at , droppe Barbell Lying Triceps Extension

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/BBLyingTriExt.html

Og lave en del standing Triceps Extension i kabel med enten V- bar eller et stykke tov. Start stille og rolig.. Når du ikke har flere smerter kan du forsøge at lave dips.

Dette virkede for mig og et par andre der bøvlede med deres albuer :bigsmile:

Prøv dig frem. Men fokus skal være på at blive sund og rask nu!

Total enig .. Du skal ikke ignorere smerter.. Massage og ibutop er en kanon måde til at fjerne smerter på, men hvis du træner forkert kommer smerterne igen.. ;)

Is hjælper ikke en klap. Det tager kun evt. smerter, men det hjælper ikke en pind på helbredelsen. Is er kun til akutte skader.
Nååå, er det det?
Ice Therapy by Laurel J. Freeman

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ice, anyone? Ice isn't just for cold drinks. In the past eight to 10 years, many studies have shown the benefits of ice as therapy. Here are the answers to some common ice-related questions.

What does ice do? Ice is one of the simplest, safest, and most effective self care techniques for injury, pain, or discomfort in muscles and joints. Ice will decrease muscle spasms, pain, and inflammation to bone and soft tissue. You can use ice initially at the site of discomfort, pain, or injury. You can also apply ice in later stages for rehabilitation of injuries or chronic (long-term) problems. During an initial injury, tissue damage can cause uncontrolled swelling. This swelling can increase the damage of the initial injury and delay the healing time. If you use ice immediately, you will reduce the amount of swelling. Ice decreases all of these: swelling, tissue damage, blood clot formation, inflammation, muscle spasms, and pain. At the same time, the ice enhances the flow of nutrients into the area, aids in the removal of metabolites (waste products), increases strength, and promotes healing. This "ice effect" is not related to age, sex, or circumference of the injured area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four stages in ice therapy There are four official stages to ice. The first stage is cold, the second is burning/pricking, the third stage is aching, which can sometimes hurt worse than the pain. The fourth and most important stage is numbness. As soon as this stage is achieved, remove the ice. Time duration depends upon body weight. Twenty to thirty minutes should be the maximum time per area. If it is necessary to reapply ice, let the skin go to normal temperature or go back to the third stage of aching.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does ice therapy work? Ice initially constricts local blood vessels and decreases tissue temperature. This constriction decreases blood flow and cell metabolism, which can limit hemorrhage and cell death in an acute traumatic injury. After approximately 20 minutes of ice, blood vessels in the injured area then dilate (open) slowly, increasing the tissue temperature, an effect which is termed "reactive vasodilation." A study reported in the Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physical Therapy, (Jul/Aug, 1994), found that, despite the reactive vasodilation, there was a significant sustained reduction in local blood volume after ice was applied.

What does this mean for me? It can mean a lot, if you are injured or in discomfort! Ice therapy can help the area heal faster, and there will be a decrease in pain and swelling and an increase in lymphatic drainage.

Why ice after a workout? In the past 28 years, there have been many studies of ice as a therapy tool for injuries. Many of these studies have had conflicting conclusions, but improvements in technology are giving researchers new data. There is no doubt in the minds of many researchers and doctors that ice is the most widely used and efficient form of cryotherapy in medicine today. A 1994 study sited in The American Journal of Sports Medicine (Jul/Aug) showed ice affects not only the arterial and soft tissue blood flow, but also the metabolism of the bone, in a positive way. This is significant in the healing process of an injury to a joint.

When should I use ice? For the greatest benefits, use ice after exercise and not before. In the Journal of Sport Rehabilitation (Feb/1994), a study on the ankle was conducted to see if ice should be used on an injury before exercise. The finding showed decreased temperature reduces the joint mechanoreceptor sensitivity and thereby alters joint position sense, exposing the joint to possible injury. In conclusion, cooling a body part prior to athletic performance is contraindicated, which is academic-speak for "probably a bad idea." It was once believed the use of ice was only beneficial in the first 24 hours after an injury. Recent scientific studies have shown the benefits of ice over the long term. During the initial stage of an acute injury (within 24-48 hours), or during the chronic stage (after 48 hours) ice can be very beneficial in promoting wellness.

Can I ice as a precaution? You can use ice immediately following any workout, discomfort, or injury. If the swelling or pain does not decrease within a reasonable time (24 to 48 hours), consult a physician.

Is ice safe? Ice therapy is very safe when used within the treatment time recommended. Don't use ice if you have the following conditions: rheumatoid arthritis, Raynaud's Syndrome, cold allergic conditions, paralysis, or areas of impaired sensation. Do not use ice directly over superficial nerve areas. In a study printed in the Archives of Physical Medical Rehabilitation (Jan/1994), the use of ice was tested on spinal cord-injured and able-bodied men. The results were that ice and cooling down the body temperature may evoke a vascular response to cold stimulus that may be mediated in part by the spinal cord and by supra-spinal centers causing a change in blood pressure.

How should ice be used in conjunction with exercise? Ice can be combined with movement. Once the fourth stage of icing has been achieved, numbness, gentle range of motion and isometric exercises can begin. These movements should be painless, stressing circular, spiral, and diagonal movements. Once the numbness has worn off, re-ice and exercise again. This can be done two or three times a day. Ice can cause changes in the collagen fibers of the muscle. Strenuous exercise is a bad idea during an ice treatment, as this can result in further damage to the injury.

How does Ice combine with other therapies? In March of 1995, an interesting study was conducted on the use of ice and ultrasound. Ultrasound is an instrument used in assisting the healing process to damaged tissue. The study found if ultrasound was followed by a five-minute application of ice, the muscle significantly increased in size. When ice was applied first followed by ultrasound, there was little or no change in the muscle fibers. One of the important conclusions of this study is after exercising, take a shower first, before applying ice, to receive the maximum benefits.

What is R.I.C.E.? When there is an injury or discomfort, a good rule to follow for first aid is the mnemonic RICE: R - Rest the injury. I - Ice the injury. C - Compress the injury. E - Elevate the injury above your heart.

Three Icing Techniques Ice is the easiest tool to use in rehabilitation. It is inexpensive and very effective. The most widely used is the ice pack. To make an ice pack, put ice (crushed is great) in a plastic bag, push out all the air and fasten the bag.

If another bag is available, place the fastened one inside to help prevent leaking. Put a paper towel on the site of the injury or discomfort, and then place the ice pack over the paper towel. This will prevent freezer burn to the skin. If a regular towel is used, the ice pack will not get the skin cold enough to have the physiological effects occur. If the injury is in the neck, back, or shoulder, an ice pack can be put under a T-shirt or blouse. A person can then keep this on while working. Ice packs are also convenient when resting. Ice packs can be used on legs or arms. There are many types of ice packs on the market. If purchasing one, make sure it will get sufficiently cold to achieve the four stages of icing. The second most used method is ice massage or ice cups. Place water into a styrofoam/paper cup and freeze it. Place a towel under the area with discomfort or pain to catch drips. Holding onto the cup, tear the edge around the cup, exposing the ice. Use a gentle, continuous, circular motion and rub the ice directly over the skin at the site of injury or discomfort. This is good for areas on the extremities such as knees, legs, ankles, arms, wrists, hands, and so on. Ice cups penetrate deep into the muscle fibers. Because this is an active motion, it can sometimes be more effective than an ice pack. The desired effect is to go through the four stages of ice, as stated above, before moving to another area, approximately 5-10 minutes. There are some reusable plastic ice cups on the market, for the environmentally minded; however, paper or styrofoam cups work fine.

The third method is the ice bath. Find a bucket or container large enough to immerse the area in need. Place a towel under the bucket and add ice. Try to isolate the body part that needs to be iced. Immerse your foot for 5 to 10 minutes (20 minutes maximum). Do not immerse your whole body in ice - doing so can cause shock and/or possibly a heart attack.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Laurel J. Freeman, B.A., a nationally certified sports massage therapist in Florida, has worked on many world-class athletes and has given numerous lectures in health related field. She developed, teaches, and practices Reprogramming Neuromuscular Responses @ (RNR). Laurel is a member of the Florida Track Club. Permission granted to redistribute, as long as you acknowledge the author, FootNotes and the Road Runners Club of America.

Vi kan diskutere kildens validitet. Men udtalelserne er ikke i modstid med hvad jeg tidligere har læst om emnet.

Efter træning for at forhindre ophævning og pga. den reaktive vasodialering, må det da antages, at det har en effekt?

Mvh Poul

Det er hvertfald nyt for mit.

Vi kan diskutere kildens validitet.

Det er selvfølgelig klart.

Men jeg må dog sige min eneste kilde er én mand, der dog er uddannet i sportsskader. Han mente skråsikkert at så mange troede is var helbredende mod skader, hvilket var en direkte løgn. Is skulle kun bruges i akutte skader osv. Du må undskylde min hukommelse, jeg ikke kan huske forklaringen, men jeg husker vitterligt at den var meget god. Derfor valgte jeg at tro fast og holdent på hans udtalelser.

Hvem der har ret er så lige sagen.

Jeg skal da heller ikke afvise, at det er mig der har totalt misforstået hvad han har sagt.

venaN

Jeg har haft nøjagtige samme symptomer i den ene albue. Det startede efter en skarp smerte i forbindelse med et sæt franske press. Efterfølgende var jeg sindsygt øm i albuen nogen tid, men min læge foreslog blot en pause. Det viste sig flere år senere at jeg havde haft en mindre overrivning omkring hæftning imellem sene og triceps, ved albuen (først jf. fys og senere kunne der konstateres tydligt arvæv ved en scanning på bispebjerg). Jeg kørte en periode genoptræning af senen ved at køre 3 sæt triceps extension med let vægt 20-25 rep (og kun extensionen) og jeg synes umiddelbart det hjalp en del. Jeg kan stadig ikke køre fransk pres uden at fremprovokere en ømhed omkring albuen, men jeg kan dog sagtens køre smalt BP, dip, triceps ext bag nakken og andre øvelser der stresser min albue mindre end fransk.

Hej...

I er langt fra de eneste der har problemer med albuerne, og french press er den onde synder. :angry: da jeg fik det, holdte jeg den i ro i 1-2 uger, og startede stille op..

Idag kan jeg godt frenchpresse, kan godt mærke den går i albuerne, men når altid at restituere. Samtidig æder jeg ibuprofen+smører med felden gel...

Nu skal vi ikke gøre denne tråd til en fransk pres bashing tråd.

Det er meget individuelt hvad vi kan tåle.

Der er også forskel på kvaliteten af opvarmningen, forskellige udfører inden de giver sig i kast med denne effektive øvelse.

Husk også der er mange alternativer i fransk pres.

Kabler kan bruges til mange sjove variationer, med vinklet stang, lige, reb, incline decline flad.

Med håndvægte, med lige stang, ez stang, reverse grip, med en håndvægt.

På gulvet med pause på gulvet.

Den sidste er især led ved albuerne men vanvittigt effektiv.

Mvh Polle

Jeg har selv været plaget af en venstre albue, der i flere år har forhindret mig i at træne hårdt, men nu er jeg gået over til Glucosamin og det hjælper bare super godt (skal siges på klingende jydsk) :lol:

Spøg til side, så har glucosamin faktisk hjulpet mig ud over albueproblemer (som jeg ikke rigtig har kunne komme af med i et par år). Men du kan være heldig at fange skidtet i opløbet, så du ikke får det kronisk, som jeg har haft.

Nu skal vi ikke gøre denne tråd til en fransk pres bashing tråd.

Det er meget individuelt hvad vi kan tåle.

Der er også forskel på kvaliteten af opvarmningen, forskellige udfører inden de giver sig i kast med denne effektive øvelse.

Husk også der er mange alternativer i fransk pres.

Kabler kan bruges til mange sjove variationer, med vinklet stang, lige, reb, incline decline flad.

Med håndvægte, med lige stang, ez stang, reverse grip, med en håndvægt.

På gulvet med pause på gulvet.

Den sidste er især led ved albuerne men vanvittigt effektiv.

Mvh Polle

Naturligvis skal vi ikke det... Jeg giver også bare mit bud på hvad det kan være, og set fra generelle synspunkter giver franskpres problemer hos en del..